It’s amazing what homeowners will do to increase their comfort and entertain friends. Case in point: Did you know that most homes that are involved in Parade of Home events across the country are built with custom-made theater rooms? Believe it or not, there is a simple reason for this growing trend – it’s a very affordable way to increase your overall value of a home and also increase entertainment options for family and friends.
Whether you’re looking to install a simple surround sound system or build a state-of-the-art entertainment room, there are details you should consider when deciding on how to make a theater room that will accomplish exactly what you are looking to achieve.
3 Details To Consider When Making A Theater Room
First – Consider your Budget
It’s a reality of life that money tends to dictate options. In building a home entertainment center, creating a solid budget on what you can afford to spend is often the best way to begin this process. One of the biggest mistakes that many homeowners get into is overspending – especially when it comes to creature comforts like building a home theater. And if you’re stressing about paying the bills or making ends meet, you really won’t have time to enjoy that newly constructed home entertainment option.
Second – Consider your Future Space Options
Another important detail to consider when you are planning to increase your home entertainment options is space inside your home. Many people make the decision to convert an existing bedroom into a home theater for one simple reason: no need to add new rooms. Before you spend the time and money in constructing a home theater make sure you consider not only your current living and space options, but also your future plans. Consider the following:
- Are you going to have any more children?
- Do you expect to take in a relative or aging parent in the near future?
- Are your kids growing older or moving out? And if they are, how confident are you that they won’t need to return?
- Are you planning on keeping your home for a long period of time?
- Or building a home theater to increase the resale value of your property?
Third – Think About Your End Goals
It’s critical when planning any home improvement project that you consider the finished project before you begin. When building a home theater, this begins and ends with the materials you’ll need to accomplish the quality you’re looking to achieve. Here are a few tips to consider:
- Sound: most home theaters are special due to the advanced sound systems that power the home theater. You should consider the construction of several elements that impact sound quality including the number of walls, the material on the walls, the number of windows in the theater room and flooring. Each of these elements impact sound quality.
- Visual: You’ll also want to consider your visual entertainment options. In this case, you’ll want to consider the location of the ‘big screen’ TV. You should also consider electrical requirements to power these energy-consuming appliances.
- Comfort: It’s also important to consider the comfort of those that will visit your home theater. Think about designing your home theater to maximize space and to not cram too many furniture pieces into your home theater.
Whether you’re looking to simply add a new sound system and TV to your existing entertainment room or looking to create a luxury home theater, by following these three tips you’ll quickly learn how to make a home theater room that meets your budget, living requirements and also achieves the long term goals that will make your home the go-to place for entertainment.