Making the decision to upgrade your kitchen is one that requires a lot of planning in order to get it right. This project is one of the most popular home remodeling upgrades that is completed in Paradise Valley; but it’s also one that tends to be completed more than once for one simple reason – people change their minds. In order to prevent this common mistake from occurring, creating a kitchen remodeling Paradise Valley checklist is a smart idea.
Here are 5 items that you should consider before making the call to a kitchen remodeling contractor in Paradise Valley that will save you time, money and a lot of stress.
Item #1 – Define Your Needs vs. Wants
With any home improvement project, there will be items that you want and some things you simply need to upgrade. The first step is to clearly document all of the upgrades and changes you want to make to your kitchen, and then separate those into the want column or the need column. There are a few ways to help you categorize these such as:
- Wants should include items that would be visually pleasing but really don’t help improve function.
- Needs are items that will help improve value to your kitchen; whether it’s expediting the cooking or food preparation process or to save you energy bills.
When you take time to separate these kitchen upgrade items into these sections, the next phase becomes much easier to follow.
Item #2 – Determine Your Solid Budget
A fact of life is that money – or the lack thereof is often the deciding factor on what can be completed during a luxury kitchen remodel project in Paradise Valley. However, the biggest question that most homeowners often ask remodeling contractors is how to determine their ‘budget’. Here are a few tips to consider:
- First, determine how you intend on paying for this remodeling project. If you’re pulling money from savings or spending money from your income tax return; you’ll need to decide how much you want to spend vs. how much of a return on investment you might receive. A professional contractor can help you with this step.
- If you’re going to finance your home improvement project, you need to determine how much per month you can afford (without compromising your comfort or ability to live). However, one thing to factor with kitchen remodeling projects is that when you upgrade to modern, energy efficient appliances, this might lower your monthly energy bill.
Determine your budget first, before you proceed to the next step on this checklist – you’ll be very glad you did.
Item #3 – Consider the Timing of the Project
One thing that most people overlook with any kitchen remodeling project is timing. Whether it’s the length of time that the construction will take to complete, or the time of year when the project will be done, there are a few factors you need to consider – especially in Arizona such as:
- The time of year. Many kitchen remodeling projects can be completed rather quickly. However, the time of year can impact this greatly. Contact a local kitchen remodeling contractor to ask them when they would recommend completing this type of project.
- Factor in visitors. Many home owners will have friends, family and others visit their homes during the year. The last thing you want to do is inconvenience them; so determine when the right time to make your kitchen upgrades is best for them as well.
Item #4 – Appliances, Cabinets and Lighting Planning
After you’ve taken time to consider the logistics involved, the next step is to start the planning of the actual features you want to include in your kitchen remodeling project. Typically, this will involve choosing which appliances, cabinets and lighting features you want to include. This step will be much easier when you set your budget first. Do some solid research and find the best places to purchase materials. But, before you buy anything, speak with the contractor first – as typically they can get amazing deals on supplies direct from the manufacturers.
Item #5 – Set up the Initial Meeting with Contractors
You’ve planned the timing, logistics, budget and items you want vs. need – now it’s time to bring in the professionals. The best kitchen remodeling contractors in Paradise Valley will work with you on all aspects of your kitchen remodeling project. From planning to pull permits and the actual construction phase, you can depend on professionals to help you expedite your project and ensure it’s completed on time and within your budget.
Are you looking to remodel your Paradise Valley kitchen? Call Peak One Builders & Restoration; a trusted, Veteran Owned company providing remodeling services for any size pool. Call (480) 569-7977 Today!
Read related articles: