How To Deal With Storm Damage In Phoenix
When the summer storms arrive during the monsoon season, many homes and commercial buildings suffer significant storm damage in Phoenix. And for anybody that has dealt with storm damage in the past, they realize how stressful and time consuming it can be to get repairs made. However, there are a few things that anybody can do to expedite this process and ensure that a dependable repair company fixes the storm damage that has occurred quickly – and affordably.
Our 3 Steps To Repairing Phoenix Storm Damage
Step #1 – Take An Inventory Of Damage
The first thing you want to do before anything else is to take a quick walk around the entire property to inspect any damage that has occurred due to a storm in Phoenix. One thing that many Phoenix area homeowners tend to forget is that most insurance policies will cover damage done to your property not just the house on your property. We’re not saying that all insurance companies will cover the damage repairs, but just take an inventory and document your inspection in case they do.
This is the assessment we suggest to complete:
- Examine the outside of the entire house. Look for any damage done to the walls, windows, roof, gutters, doors or any large and very important structural elements of the house.
- Examine the property such as the front yard, back yard, side yard, any garages, storage areas and outdoor equipment. Inspect them and take pictures of any damage that has happened to those areas due to the storm.
- Look for any damage to outside utilities such as power lines, gas lines, water supply or anything else that supplies power or fuel to the house.
Step #2 – Contact Your Insurance Company
Once you’ve taken an initial inventory of the damage completed to your home, it’s a good idea to then place your first call to the home insurance company. Most of the time, an insurance company will take the time to open up a claim. However, it’s important to understand that all insurance companies are different with each of them having different policies and procedures that need to be followed in order for claims to be approved and paid. Here are a few things to ask the insurance company:
- What are the complete terms of your home insurance policy in regards to storm damage in Phoenix?
- What are the deductible and the caps on storm damage repair?
- Do they have authorized vendors that you must contact to complete storm damage repair in Phoenix, or are you at liberty to contact your own repair company?
Step #3 – Contact a Dependable Home Repair Specialist
If the insurance company has given you the green light to contact your own contractor to complete the home repairs, it’s always a good idea to directly work with specialists in this industry. As a rule of thumb, you should always try to hire a storm damage contractor that has the following experience:
- Experience in repairing internal and external storm damage to residential and commercial buildings.
- Licensed, certified, insured and bonded to complete storm damage done to properties.
- Works in the Phoenix metro area and has credible referrals that can be provided if needed.
If you follow these three easy steps, you’ll find that getting your home repaired due to storm damage in Phoenix isn’t that difficult. In fact, the process becomes much smoother when you work with a dependable home repair specialist.
After everything begins to stabilize call us at (480) 569-7977 and we will help with the recovery efforts.
Read more about storm damage restoration company in Phoenix:
- Haboobs in Arizona: Tips to Stay Safe during Massive Dust Storms
- Home Restoration & General Contracting Services in Phoenix AZ
- Must-Have Qualities of Top Restoration Specialists in Phoenix