Anytime you consider building a luxury custom home, one of the biggest hurdles is trying to integrate personal style with popular trends. Believe it or not, not everybody’s taste is identical. However, the concept of starting custom home building in Carefree simply put is to create something that is uniquely ‘you’. This tends to overcomplicate the home building process for many people. In order to simplify the equation, here are three of the most popular trends that are appearing in custom homes built in Carefree and the entire Phoenix Valley – to give you a starting point that you can integrate into your own custom floor plan and décor.
Open Floor Plans in Carefree are growing in Popularity
There was a time when home owners wanted to have structure in the flow of their homes. Whether this was due to kids, comfort level or simply ‘the way everybody did it’, the reality is that those days are long gone. The open floor plan is quickly becoming the choice of custom home builders in Carefree and of home owners. Some of the advantages of creating an open floor plan include:
- Visually connect your living space with décor: For people that are looking to have an open floor plan, one of the advantages is that you can integrate creative décor elements that enhance this floor plan. For people that are looking for creativity in their floor plans and décor; this is a definite perk.
- Open concepts make you carefully consider wall treatments: With limited space to hang pictures or other wall treatments available, it’s often a challenge to pick and choose what goes up – and what gets placed in storage. Instead of hiding your precious items, consider placing them in secondary rooms, like other bedrooms, dens and other places you typically wouldn’t.
- Open concepts help keep an eye on children. For those that are building families and want to still design a custom home in Carefree, consider the open concept so you can keep an eye on what those kids are doing.
Going green and energy efficient is becoming a reality
There was a time when this was a trend; however, with rising energy rates and the cost of living increasing in the Phoenix Valley, smart home owners are beginning to see the multiple financial benefits of integrating ‘green living’ into their homes. Here are some ideas on how you can improve your energy efficiency without compromising style or comfort.
- Install a programmable thermostat. Today’s HVAC manufacturers make home living stylish and comfortable with their Wi-Fi enabled programmable thermostats. Imaging having the flexibility to control the temperature of your home from your mobile device? With a programmable thermostat, you can save a ton of money on utility bills – but more importantly; consume less energy.
- Install LED lighting. It’s common for most custom homes to have customized light packages. Instead of old, outdated filament bulbs, go with LED bulbs across the board. Not only will they last longer, but they also consume less energy.
- Install home air improvement devices. Everybody has the right to breathe. And a major focal point of home living is trying to find ways of improving indoor air quality. Many of today’s leading heating and air conditioning companies manufacturer highly energy efficient indoor air quality units that can remove up to 99% of the debris and particles that lead to allergies, colds, flu and other common respiratory conditions. The great news – these devices also help reduce pollutants – so they are very green indeed.
Adding more amenities to the patio and backyard
Finally, if you really want to make a splash with your custom home – and become the trend setter of the neighborhood; get creative with your patio and backyard. Many of the best custom amenities that are found in Carefree backyards include; custom swimming pools, waterfalls, fire features and even outdoor entertainment systems.
Regardless of what type of home you are considering – the best tip is to work with a custom home builder in Carefree that understands your budget, lot, tastes and has the experience to fine-tune a solution that makes sense.
Are you looking to build a custom home in Carefree? Call Peak One Builders & Restoration; a trusted, Veteran Owned company providing home building services for any size project. Call (480) 378-0611 Today!
Read related articles: