There is no denying the fact that making the decision to install a pool in your backyard is a serious investment in time, resources and money. Due to this, any homeowner should carefully consider a few important elements when considering backyard pool ideas; design, safety and maintenance. When you look at each one individually it might not seem to be that big of a deal, but trying to infuse all three into your decision making process is the trick that most homeowners have.
To help you with this major decision, here are a few tips to consider when you’re looking for the best backyard pool ideas in Scottsdale.
Tip #1 – Design of the Pool
Here is a quick question for you – why do you want to install a pool in the first place? Believe it or not, many Phoenix metro homeowners simple forget to consider this critical question when they are looking to add a pool. It might seem to be common sense however thinking about ‘why’ you want to install the pool will often help guide you into the design features you want to see included. Here are a few examples:
- Are you looking to add a pool for exercise? If so, you’ll want to ensure that you have a pool that has a longer shape for swimming laps. It’s also important for you to have a design that provides access into and out of the pool on both sides. This is also important for safety as well – but we’ll get into that a bit later.
- Are you looking to add a pool for recreation? If this is the primary reason, then you might want to include a deeper end so people can safely ‘jump’ into the pool.
- Are you looking to add a pool for relaxation? If relaxation is the primary attribute, then consider designing a pool with a walk-in entrance; where you can have custom-designed lounge seats integrated into a shallow section where you can relax in the comfort of the pool.
Tip #2 – Safety of the Pool
Another area you need to consider is the safety of everybody that will enter your backyard. As a homeowner, you are responsible for the events that happen on your property. This is why integrating pool safety is a critical step during the planning stage. Here are a few things to consider:
- Do you have children? If so, you need to design a pool or swimming area that is child friendly. Some things to consider in this area include specific design features such as rounded corners on the pool ledges, easy access in and out of the pool, designated shallow and deep ends, slip-resistant pool areas and possibly padded areas near pool entrance and exit.
- Do you have pets? Another important element to consider is the safety of pets. Many dogs love to use the pool as their private play zone or drinking fountain. Consider this – including what type of pets you have when thinking about your pool design.
Tip #3 – Maintenance of the Pool
The third step that any home owner needs to consider into any backyard pool ideas is maintenance. In this area, you need to understand how different pools are best maintained. Always speak with a professional pool company about the different types of pools – including chlorinated, salt-water, natural pools and so on; and the specific maintenance they require.
When you factor all three of these pool remodeling tips, you’ll quickly discover that many backyard pool ideas you might have are simply not practical for your individual situation. Always take the time to research and consider each of these important steps when you’re thinking about adding any swimming feature in your backyard.
When you’re ready to tackle that backyard pool remodeling in Scottsdale, give Peak One Builders a call at (480) 378-0611
Read Related Articles:
- Turn Your Yard Into An Oasis With The Most Popular Backyard Makeovers in Scottsdale
- Top Outdoor Patio Ideas That Are Easy To Complete In Arizona
- Fun Swimming Pool Remodel & Backyard Projects For Arizona Homes
Is it time to make an upgrade to your Scottsdale swimming pool? Call Peak One Builders today at (480) 378-0611.